The work of the Alliance is driven by our Subcommittees. We have three standing subcommittees, based on priorities identified from the 2014 Community Health Assessment- Obesity, Access to Mental Health Services, and Access to Healthcare.
Current Project Groups:
In addition, the Alliance forms project groups to address specific projects. Project groups are formed around a concrete action, and dissolved upon their completion.
- Communications: The communications project group was formed to address Alliance communication needs, specifically developing the Alliance website and resource directory.
- Community Conversations: The Outreach project group was formed to increase the Alliance’s connection with Chatham residents. The Outreach project group is will host a number of Community Conversations around the county, to increase community discussion around health.
The current Leadership Team includes the Alliance Chair, Alliance Vice Chair, Subcommittee Co-Chairs, the Alliance Coordinator, Subcommittee Health Department Liaisons, and the Health Director of the Chatham County Public Health Department.
- Alliance Chair- Tammy Needham, Chatham Hospital
- Alliance Vice Chair- Jessica Mashburn, Chatham YMCA
- Alliance Coordinator- Sarah Weller Pegna
- Chatham County Public Health Director- Layton Long
- Access to Healthcare Co-Chair- Leslie Sharpe Piedmont Health Services/ UNC School of Nursing
- Access to Healthcare Liaison- Shannon Kincaide Godbout, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Access to Mental Health Services Co-Chair- Debra Henzey, Chatham County Manger’s Office
- Access to Mental Health Services Liaison- Mike Zelek, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Obesity Subcommittee Co-Chair- Allison Andrews, Chatham County Council on Aging
- Obesity Subcommittee Liaison- Laura Hearn, Project Manager Obesity Subcommittee
We welcome all interested residents and organizations to join the Alliance and our subcommittees. If you would like to be a part of the Alliance’s efforts, we welcome you to join us by competing the survey at Get Involved or by contacting the Alliance Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 545-8443.